Digital Digest - December 2023
DIGITAL DIGEST | NOVEMBER 2023
We’re going to start off this year’s blog with something heartfelt. More than anything this holiday season, we want to thank you all for your amazing support of physical games. Your support is everything to us, and we can’t wait to roll into 2024 with more amazing games to share with you.
Until then, let’s wrap up December with some important news about…
New year! Same Blowout Sale! Slightly different time!
For those of you who are new to LRG: at the beginning of each year, we take stock of what’s left over in our warehouse and put it up for sale, giving the world a second chance to pick up anything they might have missed from our back catalogue. This is the annual Blowout Sale, and we’re going to change something up this year.
We’ve been open this year about updating and streamlining our shipping and production processes to get games out faster to you all. We’re investing in even more tools, machinery, and software to make fulfillment in 2024 as streamlined as possible. There’s still a long way to go, and we’ll admit that there have been bumps in the road, but we’re already seeing the fruits of our labors pay off with new Standard Editions flying out of our warehouse ahead of schedule.
To keep those gears greased, we’ve decided to push back 2024’s Blowout Sale, allowing our shipping team to work uninterrupted through the next few weeks to keep pumping out those games and continue upgrades to our shipping center.
But logistics aside, we bet you’re wondering when you can raid our site for leftovers. We’ve decided to hold our Blowout event on the most holy of gamer holidays…(checks notes)...American President’s Day…?
Yep, that’s Monday, February 19th, 2024. We’ll have more details to share about the event in the coming weeks. Until then…
Oh yeah, and speaking of Bill & Ted…
One of the many entanglements a physical game publisher will inevitably face is the matter of licensing. Behind every physical game or product is a team of lawyers and contract negotiators spinning a thick web of stipulations
We manage it so you don’t have to, but nothing can change the fact that sometimes licenses expire.
As a result, we will be clearing out games and merch that we cannot sell after 1/31/23. You’ll be able to find items in this collection in EXTREMELY limited quantities.
This sale runs from today through the 31st at 6pm ET. Items will be full price on day one of the event, but EVERYTHING must go, so we’ll discount these games daily, with the lowest possible price (50% off) for each item going live on the last day.
Choose your strategy: Will you secure your copy right away, or wait for a deal at the risk of stock running dry?
(Please note that all purchases during this sale are FINAL, and no cancellations or exchanges can be honored due to the extremely limited nature of these items. We’ll be getting these out fast as well, so make sure that your address is correct when making your order—there may not be enough time to accommodate address changes!)
December 2-5-8 Milestone Updates
Every month, we comb through and send out updates for titles whose pre-order periods ended two, five, or eight months before and hit your inbox with a status update. If you’ve missed our emails (check your spam!), here’s a big ol’ batch of milestone updates for you!
2 Month Old
Standard Editions Currently Printing (all platforms unless specified)
- Vagante (Switch, PS4 copies are shipping)
- Legend of Ixtona
- They Are Billions
- Jurassic Park: Classic Games Collection (Xbox, all other platforms now shipping)
- Gargoyles: Remastered (PS4, all other platforms now shipping)
- Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties: Definitive Edition
Production on these games will finish in Q1 2024, so start making room on your shelf!
Deluxe & Collector’s Editions
Jurassic Park Classic Games Collection - Classic and Prehistoric Editions
- Classic Edition: SteelBooks are the last item needed to complete the Classic Edition, which are undergoing a final approval process before undergoing final manufacturing. We’re expecting these to arrive in Q1 2024!
- Prehistoric Edition: Items are beginning to be manufactured, and we’ll be able to narrow down a new ETA once we’re deeper into that step. Until then, we’re holding strong to our early Q3 2024 estimate for completion!
TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge - Anniversary Edition - Classic Edition
- These editions are undergoing final assembly and will hit our warehouse right before the end of the year. Shipping will pick up in full starting in Q1 2024!
Gargoyles: Remastered - Classic and Collector’s Editions
- The last items we need to complete both editions is the included SteelBook, which should arrive in our warehouse in the next few weeks. Final assembly and shipping is slated to commence in Q1 2024.
Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties: Definitive Edition - Collector’s Edition
- We’re finishing up our item samples now and sitting on a big box of ties, so suffice it to say that the production of this Collector’s Edition is sliding right along! We’ll have these done by the beginning of Q2 2024!
Alien Isolation- Collector’s Editions:
- Standard and VHS Classic Editions are shipping, so all that’s left is the Collector’s Edition. We’re happy to report that production is on schedule, and final assembly is waiting only on the Sevastopol Station replica. These are slated to arrive at our warehouse early next year, so we continue to estimate completion in Q1 2024.
- Collector’s Editions are currently in assembly! These will be finishing up in the next few weeks and hitting our shipping line in Q1 2024! See you soon, Rainy Woods!
The Three Stooges
- Carts are undergoing final testing before production ramps up. Accounting for the time it takes and some slowdown in manufacturing turnarounds from the Lunar New Year, we’re expecting the finished carts in our warehouse early in Q2 2024!
moon - Collector’s Edition
- We’re on track to ship out in Q1 2024, with the final two items needed in transit to us right now. There’s often a little bit of congestion with our assembly and shipping partners around the holidays, but we’ve secured an assembly slot for this edition and should have them in our warehouse in January. After the final QA check, we’ll get these shipped out to you in Q1 2024.
Night Trap GBA
- Carts are undergoing final testing before production ramps up. Accounting for the time it takes and some slowdown in manufacturing turnarounds from the Lunar New Year, we’re expecting the finished carts in our warehouse early in Q2 2024! That’s a little later than expected, but we’re doing everything we can to ensure that these carts finish and ship as quickly as possible!
Thank you for tuning in to this month’s Digital Digest! Follow us @limitedrungames on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for additional updates, game announcements, events, and more!
Limited Run Games:
is a subsidiary of “Freemode”, an operative group comprised of gaming and entertainment companies owned by Embracer. Limited Run Games is the industry leader in the production and distribution of premium physical video games. Limited Run seeks to celebrate the legacy of gaming through its award-winning collector’s editions. Founded in 2015, they have published over 1,000 physical games, exclusive merch, and collectables. Limited Run is the gold standard in bringing digital games to physical form and now re-releasing retro titles on modern platforms via their proprietary Carbon Engine. Visit limitedrungames.com for the latest offerings and to learn more about Carbon Engine development. Follow the brand on your social media platform of choice for all LRG-related updates:@limitedrungames.